Octopus mini- Hot Dogs!
Updated: Aug 26
This is something I saw on IG (I forgot whose account, oops! :) ) I decided to do a twist on it with these cute eyes I got after seeing them on @_ghoul_mom_ (a food artist)'s IG post.
Actually the ones I saw on IG had several more delicate legs -- awesome food artist.
What I used:
- Mini hot dogs
- You could also use regular-sized hot dogs and cut them into shorter pieces.
** I am not sure if you could use Lit'l Smokies or cocktail weenies here -- because those are more firm.
- Oil for frying
1.) Put some oil in a pot and turn it on to medium-high.
2.) Shaping the legs
About half-way down you can start cutting -- to make the legs. You leave the top half intact for the octopus head.
- Cut it in half -- all the way through
- Then turn the mini hot dog 90 degrees and cut through again
- Turn the mini hot dog 90 degrees and cut through again, etc.
- You make 4 slices -- for 8 legs!
3.) Put the mini hot dog in oil to cook them.
-- As they cook, the legs curl out! So cute! :)
That's it! It takes 2 min. to cut them all and a few minutes to cook them. So cute! It made me smile.
Give it a try! We are good at this!
Here are they are:
First, no eyes --