Ground Beef: American & International Favorite
Updated: Jan 19
Ground beef is typically thought of an American favorite; we forget that it is in International cuisines too. Here is a gallery of of different ways I have cooked ground beef to give you some ideas. I just started with a few below. There are many other ideas: Tacos, Italian meatballs, Swedish meatballs, etc. I will add more as I cook them. :)
- You can buy smaller amounts from the butcher in the grocery store. It is pretty cheap.
- At the butcher, a lot of times they have premade meatloafs or burger patties with different mix-ins; this makes it easier and faster for you.
Bacon cheeseburger - with bacon jam, bleu cheese, and roasted potatoes (cooked on the stove)
- Cheeseburger on a stove: https://www.wearegoodatthis.com/post/easy-7-minute-cheeseburger-on-the-stove-like-a-diner
Kofta / Kefta - with tzatziki, hummus and feta
- You may not be familiar with this one. I think of it as a Middle Eastern meatball / meatloaf dish, but apparently it is really international! :) There are also Indian, South Caucasian, Balkan and Central Asian variations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofta
I make a simplified version by adding a generous amount of this spice mix I got to ground beef (probably 1 or 2 tablespoons to 8 oz.). If I have bread around, I mix-in 1/2 piece of bread per 8 oz. of meat for a binder. I cook it for a few minutes on each side. Sometimes I do not put bread in the mixture and it usually turns out fine.
- Spice mix: Sahad Kefta Kabob mix.
- with tzatziki, hummus, and feta from the salad bar: https://www.wearegoodatthis.com/post/salad-bar-for-ingredients
- Artisan Stonefire pizza crust (as pita): https://www.wearegoodatthis.com/post/tips-for-shopping-prep-for-small-servings
Quick Meatloaf (7-10 min.)
- Premade from the butcher with bacon jam I made and also roasted potatoes and creamed spinach
See Associated Posts:
Empanadas - filling
- Fried or baked turnovers common in Latin American and Filipino cultures (see post for more info).
- Can I Make Empanadas? & Cleaning Out the Fridge: add link
Easy Cheeseburger Taquitos
Pan-Cooked is on the left and Baked is on the right.
Easy Mexican Hamburger Slider
Towers of Lasagna Encased by Meatloaf
Bacon-Wrapped Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf
Juicy Lucy (Cheese-stuffed Burger)
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Easy Fancy-Looking Meatball Sub Tart
Beautiful Nests of Spaghetti and Meatballs
I added marinara sauce in a pouring video. Haha. :)