Chicken and Spinach Tacos
Updated: Aug 25
Quick idea for Taco Tuesday! Chicken and spinach tacos!
As I mentioned before -- with pre-made taco shells I like to toast them in the oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes or you can do it in the toaster oven.
I think it makes it taste a lot better with the taco shell crispy and with everything melted. I just microwave the filling for a quick fix -- you can do it on the stove or in the oven if you want.
What I used (for 3 tacos):
- 3-4 oz. of Valley Fresh Chicken
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of frozen spinach (or as much as you like -- in some recipes, I mention to pat dry the spinach with a paper towel after microwaving it, I don't think that's important here)
- 1 string cheese (1 oz. of mozzarella or use your preferred cheese. Can use more.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
I just added everything to bowl -- except for the mozzarella and microwaved it for 1 min. 30 sec. to make sure the spinach was thawed and cooked. Then I filled the tacos, put the mozzarella on and popped them in the oven for a few minutes to get them golden brown and toasty.
Give it a try! We are good at this!