Cajun Fried Rice
This is a meal or side dish idea to mix things up -- Cajun Fried Rice! I posted about it today because I also posted about Blue Dog by George Rodrigue who is from Louisiana. Check out that post! :)
It's like making any fried rice, but here we have Cajun flavors!
What I used:
- Annie Chun's White Rice (or any white rice you have)
- Chicken, sausage and shrimp mix (I described how to make this before in this Loaded Cajun tart post; link)
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning (1 or 2 teaspoons; more or less depending on how hot you want it!)
- Tomato Sauce (not shown ~2 tablespoons; can use more or less)
- Vegetable oil ( \a little bit)
The rice is already cooked. I just microwaved it for 60 sec. and then I put it in the pan with a little oil and also the egg. I scrambled the egg into little pieces.
Then I added some Slap Ya Mama seasoning and some tomato sauce.
I also added in the shrimp, sausage and chicken mixture. Note: The shrimp, sausage and chicken mixture was seasoned with Slap Ya Mama seasoning as well.
Fried rice with a Cajun kick! Yummy!
For some other Cajun inspired ideas, check out:
For some other fried rice posts, check out:
Give it a try! We are good at this!