Alpaca / Llama Cakesicles ( / Alpaca Day)
These are based on "Llama Cakesicles" I saw on Pinterest from jumprope.com . I think alpacas are cuter (haha!) -- plus Sept. 10 is Alpaca Day!
Sept. 10 is Alpaca Day!
What I used:
- White chocolate cakesicles (see link below)
- White chocolate wafers or white candy melts (2 for decorating and melted some for glue)
- Fondant (tiny bit - some colored black for eyes and some colored pink)
- Pastry tip (as a little metal cookie cutter to cut out eyes and cheeks)
- white non pareil sprinkles for eyes and fur
- Black food coloring
- Paintbrush for edible art
- Edible marker (eyelashes)
I made cakesicles with white chocolate -- described in more detail in this post.
To make the ears I cut 1 candy melt / chocolate wafer in half.
I used some melted white chocolate and placed the two ears on top and placed the nose on the face. I also put extra white chocolate on the forehead and added little white non pareil sprinkles.
To make the eyes and cheeks, I colored white fondant black and pink respectively. I used a pastry tip as a little metal cookie cutter to cut out small circles.
I added 1 little nonpareil on each eye. I painted on the facial features with a paintbrush and black food coloring. I drew on the black eye lashes with an edible marker.
Here they are! So cute! Cute for Alpaca Day or Llama Day or any day! Haha! :)
Give it a try! We are good at this!